Sunday, January 13, 2008

My GMAT day experience

Though I took my GMAT in the April 2007, I never took time off to publish my ideas and thoughts on GMAT. So here is a much delayed insight into my MBA prep process

My GMAT day was one of those bad days of my life.

I had never felt so suicidal, insipid and demented in all my life.
Probably it was because I was stressing myself too much with my ambition of wanting to scale a 780 in the test.

The previous day, I took a few sample SC questions from the OG and found that I was committing mistakes at regular intervals of say one in every 8 questions. To top it all, I was getting unusually many quant questions wrong. Never have I been so depressed at seeing a few questions go wrong. But it happened on that day.

On an afterthought I think I would have scored better if I had not touched the books on the previous day.

So lessons for you from me

1. Dont touch your books just the day before the exams. Believe me it helps.
2. Treat the DDay just as any other day. Do not over stress yourselves.
3. GMAT is more about holding your nerves on the day than anything else.
Be cool and confident and that should help.

A note of caution:
All the above points apply to people who have put in sincere efforts all through their preparation.

No comments: