Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Most Wretched Birthday that I had!

Jan21 is a day when my phone never stops ringing and my orkut profile is flooded with birthday wishes. Well I removed my date of birth from my Orkut profile just to get wishes from people who remembered my birthday. Jayashree and Raghu were the only guys who wished me through Orkut. But otherwise my day started at 6am @ aerobics class and 9:30 am at Sterling Commerce. We were shooting for a deadline and we worked till about 9:30 pm and came back home. Full day at office! Of course Appa, Ganesh, Kiran,Saravana, Jack, athai, mama, Ctha, Silpa, Guna called. Amogh and Lakshmi messaged me. Meenakshi, Rashmi and Rahul wished me through email. But the real comedy was Nitya. She had not called me till about 3 in the evening. So I messaged her - I think it will be a good idea to call me and wish me ! :) She called back and we could not talk for more than 1 minute and 5 seconds. Both of us were busy at the office and did not have time for each other! I thought where are we going? Three years back having no time for each other was some unthinkable. But yes life and fate are pushing us through that corridor!

We cut cake at Sterling. Kaushik and Raghu got me the cake. Amit and Anita joined in. We had a quick BDay song and we pounced on the cake.

Finally the day ended with Bhallaje calling me at 11:30 pm ...Imagine! He said he wanted to do it with a difference - be the last caller. And guess what we ended up chatting about? for about an hour we talked about LIC and the way the organization runs!

No comments: